Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Old City


So today we went on an all day field trip to the Old City Jerusalem... it was amazing! It is so crazy to be at all the places where Jesus was and seeing the places that different events happened at! I didn't realize that so many of these important events happened in such a small area... we walked throughout and around Jerusalem in one day! Not only is the city gorgeous, there is so much significance behind almost everything that is in it! My prof explained how Jerusalem was a special city chosen by God to be the stage for so many significant events... our memory verse for the trip was Psalm 48:1-14. We went to Golgotha, The Pools of Bethesda (where Jesus healed a paralytic), went to the Citadel (the place that my prof believes is where Jesus was condemned by Pilot), explored the city, and walked on the walls of the city! And I'm tired right now so I don't want to try to think of all of the other things that we also did there! So much in one day! Some of the highlights were when we sang hymns in the church at the Pools of Bethesda, when Rachel slipped and fell in the mud, and when Micah fell through the Arabic grave... so many good times! It was hard not to take hundreds of pictures but I did take quite a few! If I don't put any up on here I will for sure put some up on facebook some time soon!

I just remembered I forgot to mention the food in the last note... its been alright so far, even if I don't like something there is enough selection that I should always have something to eat. Although, yesterday at lunch and dinner they served cow tongue... I avoided it and just had chicken instead :P

No comments:

Post a Comment