Friday, January 22, 2010

Everyday Happenings

I haven't posted anything for the last couple days so I thought I might just write a little something to let people know what I've been up to! The last few days I've just had classes... so far only The Land and The Bible and Modern Israel. My class yesterday was 4hrs... long class but hopefully it will be interesting! Also, it finishes by the end of February so its kinda nice :) On Wednseday (I think... the days all just kinda blurred together) we took a little walk into Abu Ghosh to the fruit stand. They have so many delicious fruits and snacks! I got some massive clementine oranges... so good! Dan (one of the other Canadians in our group) also found Canadian maple syrup! How cool is that?? On the way back we decided we still had a little time before we had to be back for dinner so we decided to go into this little Jewish community and check out their grocery store... it was a cute little place and the people were really friendly, many spoke english! Anyways, it was fun to get into the community and experience Israeli life, if you could call it that. Other than that I've just been hanging out around the Moshav. We had a game night the other night... it was lots of fun and I feel like I got to know people so much better! We also end up hanging out in the Library a lot... partly for homework and partly because that is where the best internet connection is! Tonight we are going to have our chapel (called Kabbalat Shabbat) and tomorrow we are going to the Jerusalem Assembly (they don't like to call it church here cause then it is associated with either Catholicism or the Orthodox). Saturday is called Shabbat and is the day that they have church... Sunday is just another work day for them. So after the service we will have a free day to spend in the Old City Jerusalem so it should be fun!
I was so glad I got to talk to some friends on skype the other morning (your night) and my mom on facebook and I even got a great email from my grandma the other day too! Its been nice to hear whats happening on the other side of the world! So keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment